HORIZONTAL CAROUSELS ARE AUTOMATED STORAGE AND RETRIEVAL SYSTEMS (AS/RS) CONSISTING OF A SERIES OF CARRIERS (BINS/PANS) MOUNTED ON A HORIZONTAL, CLOSED-LOOP OVAL TRACK. WHEN ACTIVATED, THE PANS ROTATE TO BRING REQUESTED ITEMS TO THE OPERATOR. HORIZONTAL CAROUSELS PROVIDE MAXIMUM THROUGHPUT, ORDER ACCURACY, STORAGE DENSITY, AND LABOR SAVINGS. THESE INTEGRATED HORIZONTAL CAROUSEL SYSTEMS PROVIDE A COMPANY A COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE BY SOLVING THE TOUGHEST MATERIALS HANDLING AND ORDER PICKING OPERATIONS IN MANUFACTURING, INDUSTRIAL/WAREHOUSE, AND DISTRIBUTION CENTER APPLICATIONS.
INTEGRATING INVENTORY CONTROL SOFTWARE, LIGHT-DIRECTED PICKING, AND BAR CODE SCANNING HELPS COMPANIES KEEP THEIR OPERATIONS AT PEAK EFFICIENCY. TRANSACTIONS ARE HIGH-SPEED, TIGHTLY CONTROLLED, RELIABLE, AND CONVENIENT.
HORIZONTAL CAROUSEL SYSTEMS INCLUDE:
- Top drive carousels
- Bottom drive carousels for heavy duty performance
- Dual drive units for large live loads and heavier duty cycles
- Twin bin carousels, double bin locations
- Robotic inserter/extractor devices
- Pallet carousels handle pallet loads and Work-In-Process
- Transportable carousels in containers or trailers
Horizontal carousels deliver the following benefits:
- Improved flexibility and efficiency in picking and fulfillment
- Fast ROI – companies can often recover the investment in less than 12 months
- High throughput – picking rates up to 950 lines per operator, per hour
- Reduced labor – save up to two-thirds of previously required man-hours
- High density – reclaim 75% of wasted floor space
- Extended cut-off times – prioritize orders by shipping times
- Reduced inventory – accurate and timely inventory data reduces over- and under-stocks
- Continuous up-time – superior engineering for durability and reliability
- Easy integration – interface with WMS, ERP, and MRP systems
Optional totes, bins, and drawers to accommodate small and large components increase storage flexibility
Reduce picking time and errors.
The horizontal rotary warehouse system brings the product to the picker. Ideal for picking operations with medium and low rotation references.
The system consists of compact modules which have been joined together and are suspended from guides running along an oval-shaped track.
Stored products in storage are constantly monitored by the system's integrated control and management software. When an order is received, the entire set of modules automatically moves into the required position.
The guidance system and sturdy structure streamline operations. High-capacity load modules offer multiple configurations that adapt to the dimensions of the products.
- Time reduction: by applying the "product to picker" principle, operators do not have to move from their position to prepare the order.
- Maximum productivity: the powerful management software streamlines movements up to 60 percent more efficiently than other systems.
- Stock management: constant inventory control.
- Return on investment: short-term.
- Reduction in errors of more than 90 percent.
The best solution to any space problem, vertical carousels can be conformed and integrated with any system currently installed. New vertical storage system which optimizes operator efficiency and maximizes available space.
Saves space and time while storing your goods securely.
A vertical carousel has a simple yet effective operation, allowing for a large inventory to be accessed automatically and securely. A vertical carousel utilizes the entire height of the warehouse with a variety of heights and tray configurations.
See other related products:
- Vertical Carousels
The Vertical Lift is a fully enclosed system of trays and an extractor/elevator mechanism that is controlled by an automated management system. This system allows for a relatively large inventory of goods to be quickly accessible to a picking station while being stored safely and securely.
During order fulfillment, the operator selects the desired product on the computer screen located at the ergonomic workstation. The warehouse management software locates and sends the extractor mechanism to retrieve the tray of stored items.
- Utilizes the entire height of the warehouse.
- Enclosed system protects goods from dust, debris and theft.
- Minimized operator movement during order picking increases efficiency.
The Power Column is well-suited for discrete part storage and retrieval in a variety of applications, including manufacturing and warehouse/ distribution.
The Power Column incorporates standard automated product height sensing, enabling automatic slotting flexibility. This makes it ideal for storing a variety of parts and components. There are five standard tray widths, four standard depths, two standard tray carrying capacities, and 11 standard configurations. In addition to innovative hardware design, the Power Column incorporates intelligent Genesis inventory management and control software. Genesis Software as a Service (SaaS) brings web-enabled, cloud computing to AS/RS applications. This allows users to link multiple machines in multiple locations through web-based inventory management software.
The POWER COLUMN offers the following features:
- Height range from 10’ to 50’
- Standard 1,000 and 2,000 pound maximum live tray load capacity
- Rack and pinion tray elevator drive
- Modular fabricated construction with “bread rack” tray location on one inch centers
- Siemens PLC master control with integrated PC and Genesis software
- Standard 36” high opening with up to three additional optional openings per machine
- Product height detection with automatic “slotting”
Clean Room carousel is an advanced automated storage and retrieval system for buffering, securing, storing, and transporting inventory into and out of clean rooms. CleanRoom is used in a wide range of applications, from pharmaceutical compounding in hospital clean rooms, to clean rooms in medical device or electronics manufacturing. CleanRoom carousels provide a purged pass-through with automatic doors that prevent cross contamination from the dirty-to-clean side, CleanRoom is ISO Class I rated and can be customized to fit any size clean room tracking. CleanRoom reduces inventory storage space by up to 75%, reducing the initial cost of construction and ongoing operating expense of a clean room. CleanRoom maintains clean room sterility, guards against accidental contamination, and increases productivity with accurate, fast inventory access control. Cleanroom is designed to meet FDA GMP/QS regulations for the medical device industry.
Using carousels with Software you can remotely manage high-value inventory, balance stock across different facilities, track lot codes and serial numbers, and set alerts for product expiration, enabling real-time control at the point-of-use, virtually eliminating human error. If you are considering moving up to an integrated, automated material handling system, or a single carousel, Software and Auot-ID technology meets your requirements.